When we meet to discuss your ceremony plans, and at least one month prior to your wedding date, you will need to fill out a Notice of Intended Marriage form. This form may be filled out up to 18 months prior to your wedding date.

Even if you do not live in Australia but want to be married here, you will need to fill out this form.

Before we can fill out this form, I will need to sight your original birth certificates, or your passports if you are overseas visitors. I will also need to see some photo id. If either of you has been married previously, I will need to sight a Decree Absolute or Certificate of Divorce or nullity (available from the Family Law Court), or the Death Certificate of a spouse who is no longer alive.

For the actual ceremony you will need to have two witnesses, who must be over the age of 18, who will be required to sign the Marriage Register and Certificates. They must be capable of clearly hearing and understanding the vows you make to one another during the ceremony.