Here are just some questions you may have, I hope they will be a help to you. Of course I will be delighted to answer any other questions you may have.

  1. Your birth certificate.
  2. If born outside Australia, your overseas passport.
  3. Documents concerning any previous marriages, i.e. if divorced your Decree Absolute is required. If widowed a Death Certificate is required.

Please note that uncertified photocopies of documents are not acceptable.

If you have lost your birth certificate, you will need to obtain a new one by applying to the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. This can be done in person, on the internet or by mail.
For divorce papers, you will need to apply to the Family Court where your divorce was granted.
Yes, however the are certain legal requirements that must be met. These include the asking of a question in which you give your consent to be married; the vows – a promise for the future; and the Monitum.
That’s the bit the celebrant is required by law to include in the ceremony, reminding everyone present of the serious and binding nature of what is about to take place.
This is a lovely idea as it gives depth and meaning to your ceremony.
It is up to you, but I would recommend no more than two otherwise the ceremony may become overlong
Yes, however you do need 2 adult witnesses. If necessary I can arrange this.
Not at all, this is entirely up to you.
Again, this is up to you. It is usually one or both parents, a family member or a close friend but it can be anyone you like.
Usually about 20 minutes, but this may vary depending on how many readings, poems you include.
You may choose anyone you like so long as they are over the age of 18 years. They may be from overseas but must be able to clearly understand the intent of the ceremony.
She should use her maiden name on all documentation
I will dress to suit your own outfits (whether formal or informal) elegantly, appropriately and relatively neutral. My intention would be to complement the bridal party.
The Notice of Intended Marriage is valid for 18 months, I will happily re-schedule the date for you.
Yes, the ceremony may be performed to fit in with your relatives’ visit. You would however need to repeat the ceremony after the legally required period of one month and you would not be legally married at your first ceremony. The date of your second and legal ceremony will appear on all your documents.
No. To abide with Australian laws you must have all your documentation when you fill out the Notice of Intention to Marry at least one month prior to the marriage, but not longer than 18 months before.
In most cases the certificate provided is sufficent. However, to change you name on any photo identification you will require the “registerd” marriage certificate. This may be obtained from the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages. A fee applies.
No, you can still get married but it does not guarantee you immigration into Australia. In these cases I strongly urge couples to seek the advice of an Immigration agent.
Unless I am at death’s door, I will attend your ceremony. In the event that I am too ill, I have a wonderful group of celebrants I may call on at short notice to perform your ceremony.
No, I would ask the captain to take me back to the pick up point or if that isn’t possible, I would order a water taxi (this would be at your expense) to return me to the pick up point.
No, I will leave quietly and discreetly once the ceremony is finished, occasionally staying for a congratulatory drink.
Provided you have written permission from the relevant local Council to hold the ceremony in a public venue, you may ask them to move. I will be pleased to do this on your behalf. However, they are not obliged to leave.
It is a good idea to have about a dozen chairs available for elderly and family guests. Most people prefer to stand at a public venue.